Monday, December 31, 2012

Last day of 2012

                                              Wow this is the last day of 2012!!

I don't know where this year has gone, but as I reflect on this year alot of things have happened in my life. I feel a growth coming on. It could be that I am turning 60 in January. I feel I need to make the most of it. I have grown spiritualy,and as an artist. I have been really soaking up what God has in store for me in the coming years. One of the things I want to be more involved in is my blog and other artist blogs. I want to also give back sort of like pay forward. I will talk a bit about that later.
For now I just want to share what I have done lately.

                                                       HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!

My Aunt Judy mailed me 2 bags with a note
asking if I would make something with the bags.
This bag came from Amsterdam.
I didn't want to add anything to the frame, I didn't want to take anything away from the bag
 
                                                    
My Aunt and Uncle have 7 Children all grown and alot of Grandchildren. I saw this poem
and I thought it would be perfect, they are a very close family.

                                      
     This is the bag. It came from Amsterdam. I just cut it and fit it around the mat                                


 
   I found this frame at my thrift store. I thought the blue would match, but did not.
I painted the frame the same color of blue in the bag. Painted the frame again white. I sand papered the frame to give it a old worn look. I hope she likes it..                                .
 

I am still working on the second bag, but I do have an idea for it. Stay tuned to see what I did with her other bag.

Thank you for taking the time to look at my blog. God Bless!

                                      

No comments:

Post a Comment