Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Sister"s Day

                                                           


Sister's Day
My sister and I have been having a sister day for several years now. We shop, lunch and play catch up with news about our families and friends, but mostly we just enjoy each other's company. We have found a common interest and that is Art. My sister (Colleen) always said she was going to draw when she retires, and I say why wait! So I showed her what I was doing and now she is on the journey of Art Within ourselves with me.


I got Colleen into the ATC world on Flicker and now we are on Swap-bot which we both love. We also began making mini albums and anything else that we fancied. We share our shopping stashes and things we find to make. That helps on the old budget LOL :)


For my first entry I will share with you our Sister Day. I hope you will enjoy this journey with me as we find Art Within Ourselves.


                                       October 29, 2011

Saturday we had a sister day, what fun we had as always. We played in Colleen's studio and we ate (which my sister is a VERY good cook) and she baked a pie just because she knows I love pie.
Here are a couple of projects we managed to finish. They were something we never created before, but that's what this journey is all about, trying new things, products, ideas and just creating fun things and finding what you like and who you are along the way. God has a purpose for each one of us, finding that purpose is the key. Enjoy!






Today we made altered matchbox's for our Swap-bot group, doesn't that frog just make you smile :)
(funny thing is, when I first saw people making these, I thought why?) well now I know, they are just to darn cute :)



 Our first altered Dominoes. We painted, papered,stickered, and stamped them






                               WALA....untie them and.....
                                                               


 It's a little book that we will embellish with pictures, and words. Just to cute:)



Thanks for visiting with me. I will be posting projects every week, that I hope will inspire you to create.                                      Blessing on your week.                                    






No comments:

Post a Comment